Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe I've Ever Tried...Bar None!

I was given this recipe (I believe it's orginally from America's Test Kitchen) and told that if I tried it, I would never go back to any of my standby sugar cookie recipes again.  That was an accurate statement.  These cookies are so moist (and they stay moist!), but they still have a little bit of that chewiness we all love in our sugar cookies.  The addition of cream cheese gives them an unbelievable flavor.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar (+ additional to roll the cookies in)
2 oz. cream cheese
3/4 stick of butter
1/3 c. oil
1 large egg
1 T. milk
1 T. vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.

In another large bowl, whisk together your sugar and cream cheese (I stuck my cream cheese in the microwave for about 20 seconds first). Then add your butter (melt it first), oil, egg, milk, and vanilla.  Whisk it together until it is all smooth, and there are no lumps of cream cheese.

Add your dry ingredients and stir together with a spatula.

Next roll the dough into balls.  The dough will be very sticky, if you run your hands under cold water, the dough won't stick to your hands.  Then roll the dough in sugar and place onto a baking sheet.

Use a glass to slightly flatten your cookie balls, and sprinkle a little more sugar on top.

Bake at 350 degrees until the edges are just beginning to brown (~12 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment